15 October 2011

Me, on the press

As I have already mentioned in the previous post, I attended the Liverpool Design Show to showcase and sell my creations (both clothing and jewellery). I was lucky enough that the local paper in Liverpool (The Liverpool Echo) was interested in doing a feature about a couple of designers, including me, BUT with a story in common. I think the story was "designers who fell in love with Liverpool or with Liverpudlians". The other two designers who were featured were foreign as well. One was from the States and the other one was Czech.
I am proud to say that I looked very nice on the picture and I got the biggest one on the article! Yay!

This is me, with my 40s style polka dot dress. Click here to see more pictures of this beauty.
I was a bit dissapointed that the article was more about our personal lives than our work. (I DO NOT like "flaunting" about my personal life). They did not include a link to our website/blogs and only a picture of work was printed. In my case, was a tiny photograph of my animal skin panelled dress, cut out and pasted next to my big picture. I felt more like being on a tacky gossip magazine than on an interesting special design/fashion feature of a paper.
Never mind....Next time I-ll try on the Independent...LOL.
I am still grateful for the people from The Design Show who did help to organize this.

Here is the link to the online article: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/in-the-mix/2011/10/03/ahead-of-this-week-s-design-festival-meet-three-women-inspired-by-love-and-liverpool-100252-29526662/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1 comment:

Madame Macabre said...

Congratulations! n_n. Next interview will be better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails